We are currently looking for an Editor (English Language & International Communications) to join our editorial team in Beijing. Read the full job posting below for details of this exciting opportunity!
Editor (English Language & International Communications), Chinese Physics C
Do you have a passion for particle or nuclear physics, and a desire to explore beyond your own field of research? Do you want to enable physicists from around the world to communicate their work to their peers? Do you want to work at the heart of the scientific community in China, one of the world’s biggest investors in scientific research?
Chinese Physics C is an international peer-reviewed English-language journal for high energy and nuclear physics. We publish original, high-quality research on all aspects of particle and nuclear physics, particle astrophysics, cosmology and gravitation. We are currently recruiting an Editor for English Language & International Communications, to help build on the journal’s growth and maintain our high standards of publication. This position will be based at the journal’s main Editorial Office, at the Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing. The successful candidate will report to the Managing Editor of Chinese Physics C.
The position includes:
- Language editing on accepted papers, ensuring that all published papers are written in clear and correct English
- Attending relevant international conferences to promote the journal, invite manuscripts and build connections with the community
- Assisting the Managing Editor, Editors-in-Chief and Editorial Board in implementing the journal’s international growth strategy
- Facilitating English-language communication with authors, referees and Editorial Board members
- Facilitating communication with the journal’s international publishing partners
- Writing and editing of content for the journal website, manuscript system and promotional materials
- Developing and delivering short training courses for authors and referees
- Assisting the International Office at the Institute of High Energy Physics with some language editing and promotional tasks.
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- PhD in particle or nuclear physics or a related field
- Publication record in SCI- or EI-indexed academic journals in the field
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English, with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ongoing interest in and curiosity about research in particle and nuclear physics, and passion to communicate that research to other people
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel within China and internationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other standard office software
- Experience in postdoctoral research or in academic publishing
- Familiarity with LaTeX for typesetting manuscripts
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or similar image editing software
- Chinese language skills
This is a full-time, permanent position. Ideally, the successful candidate should be able to start by March 2018, but the exact start date is open to negotiation. As well as salary and benefits, the successful candidate may be eligible for additional grants. The Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, will assist with applying for a Chinese work visa and residence permit.
To apply, please send a CV, publication list and cover letter by email to:
Dr Wenli Zheng, Director, Library and Information Services Division
Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
19B Yuquan Road, Shijingshan District, Beijing 100049, China
, with copy to Caitriana Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
You should also arrange for 3 reference letters to be sent to the same address.
Applicants invited to interview will be asked to provide copies of all degree certificates and identity card / passport. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Chinese Physics C is published by the Chinese Physical Society with the Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Modern Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. It is distributed internationally by IOP Publishing. For more information about the journal, visit http://cpc.ihep.ac.cn or http://iopscience.org/cpc; for more information about the Institute of High Energy Physics, visit http://english.ihep.cas.cn/